Girl Guides of Canada–Guides du Canada (GGC) empowers every girl in Guiding to discover herself and be everything she wants to be.
Do you excel at organizing timelines and tasks for large teams and projects? Are you a self-starter
who is detail oriented with excellent multitasking skills? Are you a naturally diplomatic and clear
communicator with a passion for girl-driven programming and stakeholder relations? Do you thrive in
administrative roles? This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading girl-driven organization in a role that impacts the experience of every girl member across Canada!
GGC is actively searching for our next Administrative Assistant, Member Experience.
In this role you will support the delivery of exceptional experiences for girl and adult members. You will
support administrative needs for our girl program team; adult training team; event and travel team; girl
engagement team; and evaluation team. This will require excellent communication and collaboration
skills, project coordination skills and some technical aptitude to help maintain GGC’s online girl program
platform. This individual will thrive in roles where clear communication, collaboration and efficiency are
paramount in order to help GGC deliver world-class experiences to girls and women across Canada.
You will also:
- Organize and help oversee monthly communications needs
- Support travel and event logistics for our Nationally Sponsored Trips, national events and staff travel as needed
- Coordinate meetings and deadlines with internal and external stakeholders and manage payments and invoicing
- Provide support to Member Experience team to keep new and ongoing projects on track and manage necessary resources
- Contribute to, and at times lead, team meetings in order to drive results from various stakeholders
- Work as an integrated member of the Member Experience team, serving organizational needs as required
You should apply if you have:
- A post-secondary degree in related field
- At least 3 years’ experience in administrative roles coordinating logistics and multiple stakeholder groups in a diplomatic fashion – and a willingness to learn!
- Proven experience coordinating a diverse set of stakeholders in many locations and managing competing priorities
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal communication skills combined with strong interpersonal skills, resourcefulness, critical thinking and attention to detail
- A self-starter attitude; are highly self-motivated, energetic, with a fast-paced working style
- Assets: French language skills/fluency (and any other language spoken in Canada), experience working with girls and young women, experience with project management, knowledge of/experience with Guiding and experience working with a diverse population of volunteers within the non-profit or charitable sector
Does this sound like you? Then apply today.
Submit a cover letter and resume (as one file) by July 26, 2019 to:
Leisa McKenzie – Manager, People & Culture
Girl Guides of Canada – Guides du Canada
50 Merton Street, Toronto, Ontario M4S 1A3
Upon request, Girl Guides of Canada-Guides du Canada will make available reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities during the recruitment process. Accommodation requests should be made in advance to People & Culture.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.