SAFE GUIDE COMMITTEE
Are you a passionate about helping GGC create a safe space where girls are empowered to discover themselves to be everything they want to be?
The Safe Guide Committee is looking for three members to advise and support the Member Relations Department on strategies, communications and issues related to the delivery, implementation, and application of Safe Guide procedures.
We are looking for applicants who:
- Have experience in using Safe Guide in a wide variety of activities, from sleepovers to residential camping and beyond.
- Have experience in mentoring others in Safe Guide planning.
- Experience as a Safe Guide assessor
- Have travel experience with girls (preferred but not required)
- Have adventure camping experience (preferred but not required)
If you possess the following, this is a role for you!
- A current membership of GGC
- Experience in managing critical incidents and/or risk mitigation situations
- Aptitude for thinking critically, methodically and analytically
- Ability to work with a team and independently
- Organizational skills
- Strong communication, listening and interpersonal skills, with ability to communicate effectively via teleconference, video conference, email, and social media
- The term will be for three years and would commencing January 1, 2020.
- Periodic consultation by email and 3-4 teleconference or video conference calls per year
- Work is busiest between March and July
Deadline for applications: November 30, 2019
Please submit the Safe Guide Committee Volunteer Application Form by November 30, 2019.