International Day of Peace 2016
This year, Girl Guides of Canada–Guides du Canada will celebrate International Day of Peace (September 21) to foster, strengthen, and promote the ideals of peace in the face of adversity. Through this instant meeting, girls will develop an understanding of what peace means, learn how they can cultivate peace for themselves and others, and how to take action for a better world.
While there is no specific IDP crest, you can award your girls with the Girls Making a Difference crest, available in the fun crest section of the online store.
Core Programming Connections
- Sparks – The World Around Me Keeper, In My Community Keeper and Being Me Keeper
- Brownies – Key to Me: Who Am I, Respecting Others, Being a Friend, Helping Others;
Key to My Community: Celebrations
- Guides - You and Others: Build Skills in Communication; Discovering You: Discover What's Important to You; Peace interest badge
- Pathfinders – Creating Your Future: We're a Team!; A World to Discover: What's Up Around the World; Living Well: Let Go and Chill Out!
- Rangers - Global Awareness #21; Healthy Living #9
View or Download Instant Meeting