Link Membership: Staying Involved in Guiding as a Young Woman
Link is a membership activity for young women under 30. Link members participate in Guiding in whatever capacity they choose – whether that's by completing Link Program activities, connecting with Link members and meeting other young women who share a passion for Guiding, becoming a Unit Guider, or volunteering in Guiding in another way that fits their busy schedule. Link is a great way for young women to continue their involvement in Guiding that suits their interests, skills and schedule.
What are GGC members up to in the Link Program?
Personal and Professional Development
Outdoors and Adventure
Health and Wellness
Benefits of Link membership
- Participate in the Link Program and take on new challenges
- Meet, connect and socialize with other young women
- Scholarship opportunities
- National and international travel opportunities
- Volunteer opportunities at the local, provincial or national levels
- Access to training programs
- Stay connected to Guiding while you transition through school and career choices
- Develop skills that are highly valued in the workplace, such as communications, event planning, facilitation and more
How to become a Link member
If you are already a member of GGC, reach out to your Provincial Council for details on how to get involved in Link in your community. If you are looking to become a member of GGC, complete the adult registration form.
Check out our Link Connections newsletter for the latest Link news.
"Link has helped me stay in touch with Guiding in a way that is entirely flexible – I can volunteer as much as works for my schedule as I finish my degree. Link gave me the opportunity to represent Girl Guides on an international stage, and has shown me how to be involved in Guiding in new ways, while still giving me a way to do the classical things I loved about Guiding growing up – like camping and meeting new friends."
– Samantha, BC Link member