For girls ages 12 to 14
Pathfinders meet once a week, usually for two hours
The Pathfinder program allows girls to take the lead and become active in the causes they believe in. In Pathfinders, girls will start to develop their independence while also learning the value of teamwork. Girls have the chance to organize their own events and outings and are encouraged to explore new interests in diverse areas such as photography and web design, fashion and interior design, engineering, community safety, technology and more.
Sample activities may include:
- Learning about healthy relationships and building self-esteem
- Creating eco-friendly decorating ideas for your personal space
- Having discussions about body image and the media
- Setting out on a rafting trip
- Taking an international trip
- Organizing a cultural exchange night
- Leading activities for younger girls in Guiding
The Pathfinder Uniform
The versatile Pathfinder uniform – T-shirt, navy cargo pants, pin tab and tie – allows girls to participate in the wide range of activities that Guiding is all about, from planting trees in a community garden and volunteering at their local food bank to canoeing down a river or discussing community safety with local politicians.
Buy a Pathfinder Uniform
Pathfinder Awards and Recognition
Pathfinders earn badges, crests and other awards in recognition for the leadership skills they’ve developed, the new adventures they’ve tried and the service they’ve given to their community. Pathfinderss wear their awards on pin tabs, and badges and crests on a camp blanket.