Girl Guides is an all-access pass to unlimited adventures, countless confidence-building moments and ready-for-anything skills. Guiding is where girls shine as they take the lead and explore new challenges designed just for them – all with the support of girls and women who cheer them on every step of the way. It’s all part of our formula for empowering every girl to be everything she wants to be.
Girl Guides helps her see what she can achieve – and build the skills to take her there.
Registration for new members opens on June 15.
Leave us your email so we can alert you when it opens.
Registration is now open for returning members
Let her experience the fun with other girls as they:
- Earn rewarding badges through activities designed just for her
- Explore the outdoors
- Dive into the world of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM)
- Develop the kind of leadership skills that will help her soar
- Make new friends with girls in her community
- Meet women role-models in her community
- Discover how she can create a better world
Also check out our:
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What do girls in Girl Guides do?
A. In Guiding, girls from 5 to 17 can try it all! Once a week they meet with other girls their age to join in more fun than they could ever imagine.
In Guiding, girls can:
- Discover the great outdoors and the impact they can have on the environment
- Explore science and technology
- Make their community a better place through small actions that make a big difference
- Learn life skills such as financial literacy and healthy relationships in a fun and engaging way
- Develop an understanding of the issues that impact girls and women around the world
- Apply for Canadian and international travel experiences and post-secondary scholarships
Q. What makes Guiding unique?
A. Guiding is a place where girls and young women can challenge themselves, put their ideas into action, take part in an amazing range of activities, and gain the skills to confidently navigate their world. All in a safe and supportive environment that welcomes every girl. Girls in Guiding love how much fun they have – you’ll love what she gains along the way.
Q. What are the different levels of Guiding?
A. All girls from 5 – 17 are welcome to join Guiding. The age ranges for each branch are as follows:
- Sparks – 5-6 years
- Brownies – 7-8 years
- Guides – 9-12 years
- Pathfinders – 12-14 years
- Rangers – 15-17 years
Q. How do I find out when and where Girl Guide units in my community meet?
A. Just click on our Unit Finder and enter your postal code to find a list of local units.
Q. How can my daughter join Girl Guides?
A. It’s easy! Just go to our online registration page or call 1-800-565-8111 for more information on joining one of our 6,000+ units across Canada.
Q. When can my daughter join Girl Guides?
A. Girls can join at any time! The Guiding year generally follows the school year, with units meeting usually from the fall through the spring. Registration opens in the spring for the following Guiding year but girls can join at any time throughout the year.
Q. How much does Guiding cost?
A. Visit this page for more information about the costs involved and support available.