Getting Excited for the New Program –Program Resources Coming Soon!
Photo: Brittany Gawley
“Our girls are changing every year, let’s be this change.” This was a reflection from one of the 230 Girls First Champions at our recent Girls First conferences. This amazing group of women are now ready and geared up with the information and resources to be ambassadors for GGC’s new girl-driven program and introduce the new program and digital platform to Guiders. Girls First Champions will be available throughout the 2018-19 Guiding Year to support Guiders and help ensure a smooth transition.
Girls First Champions are here for you!
Girls First Champions will focus on being peer supports for Guiders through a variety of ways:
- Running workshops at provincially-organized events
- Hosting grassroots sessions at local cafés or common areas in your community
- Offering conference calls or having 1:1 chats to work through questions
Your Provincial Council will provide more details on how to connect with a Champion in your community so stay tuned into your provincial newsletters and emails. Most sessions will begin with the new program launch (by September 2018) but Champions are available now to start answering your questions.
Upcoming Girls First information roll-out
Coming in June
- Program Guidelines - program model, structure and guidelines
- Program equivalency resource
Looking for more?
- Need to find an answer quickly? Check out our FAQ tab.
- Have a question or comment? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wondering about when to transition to the new program? It’s totally flexible and up to your unit to decide what works for you. Check out all the options for making the transition.
Details about the new program guidelines and program equivalencies.