Q. What do girls in Girl Guides do?
A. In Guiding, girls from 5 to 17 can try it all! Once a week they meet with other girls their age to join in more fun than they could ever imagine.
In Guiding, girls can:
- Discover the great outdoors and the impact they can have on the environment
- Explore science and technology
- Make their community a better place through small actions that make a big difference
- Learn life skills such as financial literacy and healthy relationships in a fun and engaging way
- Develop an understanding of the issues that impact girls and women around the world
- Apply for Canadian and international travel experiences and post-secondary scholarships
Q. What makes Guiding unique?
A. Guiding is a place where girls and young women can challenge themselves, put their ideas into action, take part in an amazing range of activities, and gain the skills to confidently navigate their world. All in a safe and supportive environment that welcomes every girl. Girls in Guiding love how much fun they have – you’ll love what she gains along the way.
Q. What are the different levels of Guiding?
A. All girls from 5 – 17 are welcome to join Guiding. The age ranges for each branch are as follows:
- Sparks – 5-6 years
- Brownies – 7-8 years
- Guides – 9-12 years
- Pathfinders – 12-14 years
- Rangers – 15-17 years
Q. How do I find out when and where Girl Guide units in my community meet?
A. Just click on our Unit Finder and enter your postal code to find a list of local units.
Q. How can my daughter join Girl Guides?
A. It’s easy! Just go to our online registration page or call 1-800-565-8111 for more information on joining one of our 6,000+ units across Canada.
Q. When can my daughter join Girl Guides?
A. Girls can join at any time! The Guiding year generally follows the school year, with units meeting usually from the fall through the spring. Registration opens in the spring for the following Guiding year but girls can join at any time throughout the year.